Today, you took the first step in a long and rewarding journey to inbound content marketing success. What’s next?
- Review your completed workbook, and give your boss a quick summary of what you learned from Justin Champion. This will inform them about your newly realized goals for the company’s content marketing and encourage them to stay involved in the process.
- Spend some time refining your head term and core topics after carefully testing each phrase in Google.
- Compose short articles, blog posts, informational videos or whatever fits your brand on at least three core topics. Remember to write content that appeals to both human users as well as search engine algorithms.
- Link all of your core topic content to a resource pillar page featuring a definition and explanation of your head term that you could easily picture as a snippet.
- Share! Create a series of social media posts with your core topic copy and include links to your new pages in company newsletters and emails.
Hint - Place your content mission statement at the top of the paper, so it will serve as a mental guide and steer you away from outlier core topics.
Hint - As Justin mentioned, these pages will always be under construction. Take the feedback you receive, and make your content impenetrable to your competition’s efforts to one up you.
Before long, you will have a comprehensive collection of user-friendly info to share as a downloadable e-book, and the opportunity to interact with quality site visitors.
HubSpot offers some awesome resources -- many of which you already learned about. One resource you may have overlooked today is the collective knowledge, strengths and talents of your fellow classmates. Use this email as a discussion board or support group chat when you hit some roadblocks or as a sounding board for new content. Connecting with local content marketing newbies is also a great way to develop inbound or external links to quality content.
→ Savannah HubSpot Marketing Group - brings some 912 flavor to HubSpot with local lunches and seminars
→ HubSpot Community Marketing Forum - includes discussion boards on SEO, content strategy, page publishing and much more
Connect with Justin Champion Connect and Ability SEO
Contact Capricorn Communications for recommendations and referrals to the top graphic designers, web designers and photographers in the Savannah area
h/t to Justin Champion and HubSpot for the images in this blog article.