In today's day and age, people want answers to their questions in an instant. They want to find solutions to their problems from experts, but rather than seeking out an expert in person or speaking to someone on the telephone, people seek their information from sources that they find online.
People want instant answers to their questions, and in today's world, they merely pick up their smartphone and ask Google a question. In an instant, they are directed to a search results page with links to websites that Google has matched most closely to the question that they asked that provide the answer to their question .
In your business, your target audience is searching for solutions to their problems or answers to their questions. The question is: will they find you and your website?
Well, contrary to what you might believe, they are not searching for you!
You spent time and money creating what you thought was the perfect website, yet your website is not generating the number of leads that you expected to achieve each month.
Why is that?
Furthermore, what can you do to generate the leads that you need each month and to reach your target audience?
Here are 5 tips that will help your website generate more leads and help you to reach your target audience:
1. Website Design for Lead Generation
If you want to use your website to generate leads, you first need to be sure that your website is user friendly and is designed to provide the visitor with helpful content that provides answers to their questions or solutions to their problems.
To generate leads from your website, you should do the following:
- Design your homepage so that it provides content that will answer visitors questions and provide solutions to their problems rather than making the website all about your business
- The content should be engaging and interesting and on topics and provide information that will provide the visitors to your website with the answers and solutions they are seeking
- The content should be easily accessible and easy to find with headlines that draw attention to topics that will then be linked to other pages on your website
- You should have your most recent blog post near the top of the homepage as well as a list of blog topics and links to your most popular blog topics
- Include content offers
- Include call to actions and forms for visitors to complete to receive a content offer or to sign up to receive a newsletter or blog posts
- Include a pop up chat window that connects to a live person or that will answer questions with canned responses and provide helpful links
- Include links to content on your website that answers visitors questions and provides more detail as well as links to outside sources that has useful content that provides those answers and solutions
- Build trust with your visitors by being the expert
2. Knowing your Buyer Personas = Lead Generation
In order to build an effective website that will generate new leads for your business, you need to know exactly who your target audience is. This target audience is known as your buyer persona.
Understanding your buyer personas will generate more visitors to your website and result in more leads. Here is how:
- Knowing your target audience (aka: buyer personas) will generate more visitors to your website because you will have on your website content that your buyer personas are seeking
- You want to attract visitors that will be potential customers for your products and services - understanding who your buyer personas are will accomplish this
- Provide content on your website that addresses the needs, questions, and problems that your buyer personas have and for which they are seeking answers and solutions - only by understanding who your buyer personas are can you accomplish this
- Create content that is specific for each of your buyer personas - you can only do this if you understand who each of your buyer personas are
- Understanding who your buyer personas are will allow you to design your website so that it is marketed to them
3. Create Content to Generate Leads
A key component for any business to attracting new visitors to their website and thus to generate new leads is the content that is on the website.
Understanding what content to create will generate more leads. Here is how:
- Content needs to be helpful and informative
- Don't focus your website exclusively on your business and the products and services that you offer, rather provide content that your buyer personas are searching for
- Answer the questions that your buyer personas are asking
- Create pillar pages for each core topic and have subtopics with the content that supports the pillar page and is linked to it
- Create content in the form of blog posts, videos, podcasts, e-books, etc. on topics that your buyer personas want to be informed
- Build trust with the visitors to your website so that they will complete a form and provide you with their contact information
- Larger content pieces should be made available to download as an enticement for visitors to your website to complete the form and provide you with their contact information
- Once the visitor has completed the form, you have created for yourself a warm lead
- It is now up to you to nurture that lead and to build the trust that will convert that lead into a customer
4. Generating Leads by Blogging
One of the most common forms of content that you can create is a blog post. Each blog post is essentially a new page on your website.
Understanding how to blog will generate more leads for your business. Here is how:
- Having a blog on your website provides your website with additional content. Each blog post is like another page on your website. The more you blog; the higher your chances of getting a higher ranking in the search results to a query.
- Google Analytics - the more blog posts that you have on a particular topic; the higher your rankings will be. Google looks at the content of the blog posts and uses analytics to rank those web pages. The pages that have the highest ranking and that best match the query will end up highest on the search results page. Having a library of blog posts will increase your SEO rankings and the chances of your website being in the search results for queries on topics on which you blog.
- Design and layout of your blog will influence how long someone stays on the blog post and if they read it. Utilizing white space and distinguishing fonts as well as interesting images, info graphics, gifs, chats, tables, etc. will keep your reader engaged and also lead to higher SEO rankings.
- Using video and audio will also increase SEO rankings and also keep the reader engaged. Audio and video embedded into the blog text will allow the reader to download the content for listening and watching at another time of their choosing.
- Generate leads from your bog post by including a call to action button that asks for visitors to provide you with their contact information in order to subscribe to the blog.
5. Lead Generation using Multi-Media on a Website
In today's marketplace, people want to receive information in an instant, but as a result, many people do not have the patience or the time to read the information.
Here is how to use multi-media on your website to generate leads:
- Video is the most popular format that is preferred across all generational indicators and in every age bracket, so integrate video content on your website
- The content that you use in your multi-media formats needs to appeal to the audience that you are trying to reach
- Content can be demonstrations, how to videos, a tutorials, testimonials, interviews, power point presentations, etc.
- Content should provide solutions to problems that your buyer personas have or answer questions that your buyer personas are asking
- Content can demonstrate or provide a guide for your buyer personas to use to overcome a problem that they are having - content = solutions
- The right multi-media content will help you in your SEO rankings
- Free previews or snippets will engage visitors to your website and leave them wanting more
- Include a form for visitors to complete in order to receive a link or to be able to download the entire piece of content in which they are interested
- By completing the form and providing you with their contact information, the visitor is converted to a new lead
- Your website can be a key component in lead generation; however it must be designed correctly.
- The content and the layout of your website are key elements to utilizing your website for lead generation.
- Knowing who your target audience specifically is and what challenges they face and questions they are asking will help you to develop the right content so that your website can be found by the people that you want to become your clients.
- By using content such as blog posts and multi-media presentations you will engage your visitors and can also entice them with offers for more content that they will be helpful to them to solve the problems and challenges that they have.
Before you can decide which CRM system you should use, you need to know what a CRM is and how it is applicable. The following video is an excellent introduction to what is a CRM:
As a political consultant or a general consultant, you will, without a doubt, have many contacts. These contacts will probably number into the thousands if not hundreds of thousands. You will undoubtedly have contacts that fall into different categories and that are also in different stages. The question is: how do you keep all of these contacts organized?
Gone are the days of the Rolodex, the whiteboard, and the index cards pinned on a cork-board. In today's modern technologically advanced society, if you want to compete, you need to have the latest technology to assist you. Today, to keep your contacts, your campaigns, your marketing, and your fundraising organized, you must have a CRM system as part of your workflow. It is as important as your website, and it will not only save you time and money, but it will help you to make more money.
As a political consultant or a general consultant, you will have all kinds of contacts. You will have contacts for fundraising, media contacts, grassroots supporters, staff, clients, target contacts, and more. Within each of your contact groupings, there will be subsets of contacts that will be in similar stages on the buyer's journey. Each of these contact groups will have different strategies and plans to communicate with them and to market to them depending on where on the buyer's journey they are at that point in time. You need a system in place that can manage all of this and more.
Here are 5 CRM systems that can help you to keep your database organized:
HubSpot is probably the best overall CRM system on the market today. It is applicable to every facet of your database from sales to marketing to service. For the political consultant or general consultant, it allows you to segregate your contacts into different groups or categories and to create content that is specific and applicable to each particular group or category. In other words, you can create email blasts, social media posts, and other content that is specifically relevant to each category of contacts in your database.
For contacts that are specific to your fundraising efforts, you would create content that is applicable to and that will only reach them. For volunteers or prospective voters or supporters of your campaign or issue, you can create specific content that is relative to them.
HubSpot offers a full stack of software for marketing, sales, and customer service, with a completely free CRM at its core. They’re powerful alone — but even better when used together. HubSpot provides you with the tools that you need to organize, track, and build better relationships with leads, supporters, fundraisers, and more.
Don't just take our word for it. Here is a video produced by a HubSpot user explaining the 10 reasons he loves the HubSpot CRM:
For more information about HubSpot and all of the different features and benefits of the CRM system, click on this link:
Pipedrive is primarily a sales based CRM; however, it can be adapted and customized to meet the needs of a political consultant or general consultant. In addition to the standard tabs and information that is included in the contacts or deals, you are able to customize and add the specific items that you want to include.
Pipedrive provides you with the tools so that you can do the following:
- Activity reminders keep you on top of all activities & deals
- Sync all your activities with Google Calendar
- Edit, complete and add new activities on the go
- Customize activity types to meet your needs
See all deals in a visual sales pipeline
Pipedrive's visual sales pipeline prompts you to take action, remain organized and stay in control of the complex sales process.
- Enter, update and find all data in one view
- Enter new deals & contacts either on desktop or mobile
- Drag-and-drop deals between stages
- Connect your email and other tools - create a single data location
- Add notes and files to your deals or contacts
- Send and write emails from Pipedrive
- Enrich your data by connecting Pipedrive with your everyday tools
- Import, add and update Google Contacts from Pipedrive
Understand how you and your team are doing
- See how many activities you scheduled & completed
- Learn what activities bring you the best conversion rate
- See which deals got closer to a sale
- See all won and lost deals at a glance
- Easily understand when and why you are losing deals
- See the conversion rate of all deal stages
Here a video that provides an overview of the features of Pipedrive:
But don't take our word for it. Here is a video with an independent review of Pipedrive:
For more information, check out the Pipedrive website:
Salesforce CRM is an extensive sales and marketing solution. Salesforce has separate systems for: Analytics, Marketing, Service, and Community Cloud. Using automation, as a political consultant or general consultant, you can maximize CRM data to highlight top leads and determine the separation between deals lost and won.
As a CRM, the software helps you to track all customer information and interactions in one location to follow more leads. The Lead Management, Marketing Automation, Sales Data, and Partner Management apps let you follow these leads until they are ready for conversion.
Salesforce also offers a mobile app so that you can access the data that you need when away from the office as well as create new contacts as you meet and interact with new persons that are potential donors, supporters, volunteers, etc. The mobile app is made for Android and iOS devices and features real-time data from dashboards and custom reports, plus a Feed First feature that lets you see the most important information based on your settings at a glance. Likewise, you can add more functions and tools from a long list of apps in the AppExchange.
Salesforce Sales Cloud also allows you to get insights from varied, real-time customer data. Creating critical reports, sales forecasts, and territory models are accomplished with ease in the platform.
To give you more flexibility, Salesforce Sales Cloud integrates with external business solutions, such as: Desk.com, TeamSupport, LeadExec, FinancialForce ERP, Ambassador, Zuora, Zendesk, and other major CRM, sales, and accounting solutions.
- Account and Contact Management
- Opportunity Management and Score
- Lead Management
- Sales Data
- File Sync
- File Sharing
- Sales Forecasting
- Salesforce Mobile App
- Contact Manager
- Real-Time Visibility
- Drag-and-Drop Interface
- Visual Workflow
- Multi-Currency Support
- In-Line Editing
- Lead Assignment and Routing
- Rules-Based Lead Scoring
- Einstein Lead Scoring
- Web-to-Lead Capture
- Campaign Management
- Duplicate Blocking
- Mass Email
- Salesforce Engage
- Email Templates
- Campaign Influence
- Einstein Activity Capture
- Sales Console App
- Enterprise Territory Management
- Opportunity Splits
- Salesforce CPQ and Billing
- Contracts, Orders, Quotes, Products, and Price Books
- Chatter, Files, Topics, and Recommendations
- Case Management
- Lightning Bolt Solutions
- Partner Communities
- Lead Registration
- Roles and Permissions
- Process Builder
- Lightning Platform
- Web Services API
- Google Apps Integration
- File Storage Per User
Benefits that Salesforce offers:
- It lets you close more deals
- You can get more leads
- It will accelerate productivity
- It lets you get more insights
To help you decide if Salesforce is the CRM for you, here is an independent review of it:
In order to make a better and more informed decision about how Salesforce compares to HubSpot, here is a video:
For more information about the Saleforce CRM, here is a link to the website:
4. Zoho CRM
The Zoho CRM is a lead and contact management software, but Zoho also is a sales pipeline management and purchase control. Zoho offers an easy-to-use interface.
The home screen includes 10 different components, with the main module navigation panel placed on top for easier searching. Zoho also offers the user the ability to customize so that it is more to the needs of the user and can be modified to more reflect the user's business or service.
The Zoho CRM offers automation so that it can be set to automate daily business activities, track sales, and engage customers in different platforms. Zoho also offers the user the ability to take the software and use it on the go through itsmobile platform. The mobile platform lets you take the CRM on location so you can get updates fast and real-time, and close more deals even when on the go.
The Zoho CRM can also be integrated with popular applications, including main Zoho productivity products, but also: Microsoft Outlook, MailChimp, QuickBooks, ConstantConnect and Google Apps; as well as with cloud-based connectors like OneSaas and CloudWork.
Connect with your customers wherever they are
- Reach customers across every channel: telephone, email, live chat, and social media
- Get real-time notifications when customers interact with your business
- Measure the effectiveness of your customer communication and find the best time and channel to reach out to your customers
Save more time with automation
- Automate every aspect of your business and cut out time-intensive, repetitive tasks
- Streamline your lead nurturing process and make the most of every incoming lead
- Trigger instant actions, stay on top of activities, and follow up better with workflows
Get real-time reports and insights
- Make smarter business decisions with powerful, real-time analytics
- Measure and manage your organization’s territory-wide sales performance
- Track key performance indicators, including current trends and future predictions
Conversational AI for smarter selling
- Find any information you need from your CRM data, instantly with the help of Zia, your AI-powered sales assistant
- Get advanced lead and deal predictions from Zia so that you can identify the leads that are likely to convert and ultimately close more deals
- Receive intelligent alerts, task reminders, and suggestions for the best times to contact your leads based on your past successful interactions
Why choose Zoho CRM?
- Simple, straightforward user interface with a minimal learning curve
- Flexible, month-to-month contracts supported by transparent pricing plans
- Deployment, consultation, onboarding, and training programs to help you get started smoothly
- Migration wizard to easily import data from spreadsheets or other CRM systems
- Fully extensible developer platform that facilitates tighter integration of CRM with external systems and applications
- Sell on the go with our award-winning CRM apps for both iOS and Android
- Lead Generation & Qualification
- Pipeline Analysis
- Sales Stage & Probability Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Real-Time Forecasting
- Quota Management
- Automate lead management process
- Fast track lead to deal process
- Capture leads from website
- Import leads from trade shows, seminars, direct mail, etc.
- Match sales-ready leads to the right sales people
- Convert prospects into opportunities, accounts, and contacts with a single click
- Sales processes as per own best practices (B2B & B2C)
- Single database
- Customer data across products, geographies, account, and status
- Parent-child relationships between customer accounts and their subsidiaries
- Price quotes, sales orders and invoices
- Purchase history to find cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Loyalty programs
- Log important customer calls
- Save customer meetings and calls in an intuitive calendar
- Invite employees, leads and contacts to meetings and events
- Manage recurring events by day, week, month and/or year
- Create forms with no coding
- Set rules to simplify lead distribution
- Upload forms live instantly
- Catch leads directly into your CRM
- Workflow alerts while creating or modifying records
- Associate tasks to the workflow rules with CRM records
- Email notifications with templates and upon triggering a workflow rule
- Auto schedule the workflow actions at pre-defined interval
- Instant notifications to 3rd party applications via Webhooks
- Custom Functions
- Macros automate tasks
- Sales Opportunity Management
- Monitor sales opportunities across sales cycle
- Import sales opportunities from third-party solutions and services
- 360-degree view
- Drag-and-drop customization wizard
- Big deal alert
- Sales pipeline and sales escalation process
- Free Edition
- Track records that are critical to your business based on your criteria
- Stay on top of sales updates in real time
- Identify cold prospects for a sales follow-up
- Sort updates by users and modules
- Sort records by record owner and module
- Complete visibility based on last activity
- Revenue based on data within Zoho CRM
- Create, assign and revise sales quotas
- Assess individual and team performance
- Forecast accuracy against commit amounts
- Fully customizable forecast reports and dashboards
- Business Card View
- Quick glance at important details of the contact without scrolling or searching
- Customize fields
- Captures, collates and distributes customer email activity within your CRM
- Get notification and reply to customer emails within CRM
- Intuitively scans your mailbox and displays only relevant emails
- Send emails via your favorite mail client
- Get a copy of the email linked to the right lead or contact in CRM
- Link prospect and customers emails with your CRM data
- Share emails from prospects based on your own rules
- Create mail merge templates for different modules
- Get updated user info in merged documents
- Manage templates in secured folders
- Role-based folders, sub-folders
- Share collateral to your salespeople
- Send documents from your CRM
- One document can have multiple versions
- Quick feedback from colleagues to improve document
- View social interactions of your brand with prospect
- Reply to direct messages, likes and mentions via your brand’s social profile
- Engage future prospects from within the social stream
- Stay tapped on customer’s interests and updates
- Comment or like them inside CRM
- Real time access to customer data
- Receive sales alerts
- Search customers nearby, create tasks
- Capture trade show leads directly into Zoho CRM
- Digitalize and save business cards on your iPhone
- Custom Modules, API, Webhooks and Custom Functions
- Create campaigns, email marketing & autoresponders
- Enable security controls, organizational hierarchy & territories
Benefits of Using Zoho CRM:
- It automates vital sales operations
- Gives access to important data in real time
- Makes maximal use of social media
- Allows you to go mobile
- It is integrated with Google Apps and Zoho suite
But don't just take out word for it. Here is a video with an independent review of the Zoho CRM:
For more information about the Zoho CRM, here is a link to the Zoho website:
NetSuite CRM is a robust and powerful customer relationship management solution that provides a complete 360-degree view of their customers, leads, and prospects in real-time.
Users enjoy a continuous stream of information from all points and throughout the buyer persona lifecycle. With NetSuite CRM, you are able to deliver exceptional customer experience from the early stages of lead management all the way to decision including the ability to follow up and keep in front of your target audience to convert them to partners and advocates by providing them with relative content.
One great feature is knowledge management. Through here, you can publish and organize content, making it easier for anyone who needs to find access and find content.
The platform offers users more than just traditional features most CRM systems provide. On top of the usual capabilities, NetSuite CRM comes with powerful and advanced functionalities like marketing automation, sales force automation, and customer service management.
NetSuite is the only cloud solution that gives you a true 360 degree view of your contacts in your database. This will allow you to close more deals and provide better service by having all of your data in one easily accessible place.
See all interactions and transactions
Manage upsell oportunities, cross sell oportunities, and renewals of existing persons in your database
Know what information your target audience wants and how much each supporter contributed
View service issues, pledges, overdue invoices
- Case Management
- Campaign Management
- Opportunity Management
- Lead Management
- Knowledge Management
- Partner Relationship Management
- Customer Service Management
- Sales Forecasting
- Time Tracking
- Email Marketing
- Incentive Compensation
- Real-Time Dashboards
- Reporting and Analytics
- Time Tracking
- Customer Portal
- Customizable Mobile App
- Sales Force Automation
- Web to Lead Forms
- Marketing Automation
Benefits to using Netsuite CRM:
NetSuite CRM is a complete customer relationship management platform that incorporates traditional and advanced capabilities to help businesses drive revenue and growth.
It comes with a robust set of features that include automated tools for partner relationship and marketing, and even conventional CRM functionalities like customer service management and SFA.
- Integrated Contact Management
- Marketing Automation for better sales
- Track employee workflow
- Manage campaigns more effectively
- Customizable apps for your business
- Partner Relationship Management
- Sales Force Automation
- Sales Forecasting
But don't take our word for it. Here is a video of an independent review:
For more information about NetSuite CRM, click on the link below: